Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'll be cooking dinner

You can all say "uh-oh" now.

I'm not much of a cook. I can cook if there's a set of instructions, otherwise, well, forget it.

I know my mom would really like it if I cooked more often so I can take over the task when I'm home and she can rest. But the thing is, my family is kind of picky. Picky in the sense that they always like food to taste the way they're used to it tasting, and anything new (and in this sense, weird-tasting) is basically a no-no.

So anyway, I've been cooking more than I used to. Like last weekend I cooked a pasta dinner. It took me hours to do such a simple dish (it was only tomatoes, basil, and bacon tossed with pasta, after all) but I'm glad that the family seemed to like it enough to finish all of it.

For dinner this evening, I will be making Shepherd's Pie. I found a super simple recipe so that's what I'll follow. I like it because it doesn't use too much of the bad stuff, like cream. I saw Rachael Ray's recipe and hers uses cream. I don't like that. My dad doesn't, too.

I'll post the results later on. :) I hope it doesn't turn out bad! Wish me luck!